Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekend in Spokane

So I went home to Spokane this past weekend. My friend, Brandon and Sami, were headed over that way to do some work on a house he owns over there. Sweet…..that means I didn’t have to drive. Cheaper…and I could just chill in the back seat. Niiiiiiiiiice. I talked my cousin Brady into going with me. Of course Nike (my Weiner Schnitzel Extraordinaire) tagged along. She was going bonkers when I was packing my bag to go…as usual. She hates when I leave her behind. She is sort of schitzo and is super attached to me so she stresses out thinking I am abandoning her for life every time I pack my suitcase! LOL it is sort of funny, yet sad, to watch.
Anyways….Much to my surprise and delight I found out that my Grandma and 2 cousins were going to be in town as well. Awesome. I haven’t seen my G-Ma in over a year….and she is getting up there in age so every visit is precious!
We went up to Green Bluff to enjoy the autumn harvest and pick pumpkins. Green Bluff is a community of farms and orchards about 20 mins north of my parent’s house in Spokane. It’s amazing up there. I love each season and the bounty it brings. Peaches, strawberries, potatoes, apples, etc…all you pick. It is so fun to be able to climb up on a ladder and pick ripe peaches right off the tree. It’s the simple things in life that bring me joy. So it was packed up there…people everywhere. That had food vendor booths set up (I had some delish BBQ) and a band playing and corn mazes and hay rides and all that fun stuff. Oh and of course don’t forget the pumpkin patch. It was so much fun to watch my niece and nephew pick out their pumpkins (They each got 2! SPOLIED!). There were so many young kids there trying to pick up these enormous pumpkins…hilarious to watch them try so hard to pick up 15 lb pumpkins. He He!
After picking out our pumpkins we went back to my sister’s place to carve them. I was talking a lot of crap about how awesome my pumpkin was going to be compared to everyone else’s. Hey, what can I say….everything is a competition on the Morrison household. The rest of my family cheated by using the patterns that help you carve out a design. That’s CRAP I say! It’s no fun using someone else’s design. I was the only one who went the freehand route. Little did they know that if you mess up once with cutting the design then you don’t have much freedom to change or fix it. That only puts pressure on you. So in the end I ended up finishing my Dad and Sister’s pumpkins. The designs they chose were just a bit too hard for them. Shae and Shon used these Mr. (pirate) and Mrs. (princess) Potato head pieces made for pumpkins for theirs. So cute!
Shaeli, my niece who is 7, always gets excited when her Auntie comes to visit. She always makes sure that I sleep in her room with her. Well…..her room is plastered from floor to ceiling with Hannah Montana gear. Whoa! I am talking sheets, comforter, lamp, and about 11 posters….all Hannah M. GEEZUS! That’s sort of a scary sight to wake up too. AUGH!!! Both Shae and Shon are snugglers when they sleep. They have to be touching you at all times. Shae has this annoying habit of tucking her feet under your side. It’s not very comfortable and no matter how many times you rearrange her in the middle of the night…her toes still find a way to tuck under your rib cage. LOL…so she was sleeping all catawampus (great word, HUH?!) in her bed. Shon will be 2 in February and is starting to expand is vocab. He loves his Poppa and that seems to be his favorite word. He says it in the cutest way. Popaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?! He loves guys. Brady became his new best friend. He also loves his Sissy and would get upset when Brady and Shae were wrestling around. He thought she was being hurt and would start to freak out. His favorite words are Poppaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Mama, Shae Shae, Touchdown and Woof Woof. (He seems to like to say words twice…) We just need to incorporate “Auntie” into there. I am so happy they now live in Spokane and are close so I can visit often.

So that was the info on the weekend. Just low key chillin with the Fam.

No comments: