Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Train to Paris

I don't like France. French people do not like me (because I am American) so in return...I decided their country sucks. I was really excited to see Paris....but only had a limited time frame to do it in since the Ship docked in Le Havre which is a 2 hour train ride away from Paris.

Long story short....the guy handling the purchasing and printing of train tickets screwed me and my friend Sereana over. Basically...his disgust for my nationality made us miss the train by a minute. We had to wait another hour for the next train. So that basically gave us about 2 hours in Paris before we had to be on the train back. Paris is big....and 2 hours is not a lot of time.

Sereana was my partner in crime in Europe. She was a personal trainer onboard. She is Fijian but makes her home in Australia. She is one of the FUNNIEST people I have ever met. Oh Lord....she made me laugh so hard. We ended up SPRINTING through Paris. Down the Champs Elysee to the Louvre, taking pics along the way. Then sprinted through the most ridiculous metro system on the planet to the Eifle Tower. More pics. More sprinting. Back to the train we went. So Paris wasn't very fun...it was more of a good workout. I have to go back and take the time to enjoy it.

No comments: